Monday, January 14, 2008

Moniek Toebosch - I Can Dance (LP, Claxon Records 81-8, 1981)


It's been a long while since posting just a record, because of all the tapes and punk posts, but here is a crazy one. Moniek Toebosch, who calls herself a performer, actress, director and musician. She has worked with Micheal Waisvisz of Steim and produced this solo album of almost voice only. Recorded at Fylkingen, Steim, Shaffy Theatre and her private studio, Toebosch does crazy things with her voice. Improvised music! No matter how hard I looked and listen to the soundfile I couldn't separate the various tracks, so I made one track for the whole album. Moniek Toebosch' website is here


download

2 comments:

Jim Slip said...

Thanks, very interested to listen to this.

frunobulax aka Patatator said...

OlA,

Buy this lp after a concert of Michael Waiswicz & Moniek Toebosch, for me : I never laugh - a good laugh - in a concert in my life and what I hear & see was "inoubliable" - nobody's perfect, I'm french ! -
Sad to know Michael are gone, but happy to see somebody remember theses persons.