Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jim O'Rourke - It Takes Time To Do Nothing (tape, Audiofile Tapes aT 109, 1990)


Does Jim need any introduction? I would hope not. Erstwhile member of Illusion Of Safety, improvisation musician, producer (Faust, Stereolab), member of Sonic Youth and solo electronic music. I don't remember when I first heard his music, I think the Entenpfuhl record, but it got me to get his three tapes releases very quick. I think 'It Takes Time To Do Nothing' is the last tape release he did. The other two will follow shortly. 'All music created in real time on prepared guitar, using no processing besides reverbm excepting beginning and ending of tape, which were performed on an Ensoniq Mirage'. One track per side.

download

1 comment:

litlgrey said...

audiofile Tapes was my label.

This cassette was one of the most frequently requested of the more than 200 I released between 1984 and 1989.

I have no problem whatsoever with you posting this. More power to ya, man. If I could rip the files I probably would have done it myself, but since you thought of it first - thank you!